- This event has passed.
Advanced PC Security
November 13, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
The Advanced PC Security course will build upon the topics covered in the Introduction to PC Security course and include additional security topics to allow participants to better understand computer and network security from an Information Security practitioner viewpoint. After completing the Introduction and Advanced courses participants will have a solid foundational understanding of information security and potential career opportunities. Prerequisite: Introduction to PC Security
Topics to Include:
- A quick review of topics covered in Introduction to PC Security.
- How are computers and networks monitored?
- What are the different types of computer and network vulnerabilities?
- Understanding network attacks by hackers.
- Reconnaissance Fundamentals and tools.
- Understanding Security Controls and Policies.
- Information Security in your workplace.
- How to become a computer and network penetration tester (White Hat Hacker).
- How to become a bug bounty hunter (Find security vulnerabilities and get paid of it).
Dates: Tue / Thu Nov 13, 15, 20, 7pm-10pm Eastern