- This event has passed.
Healing Through Writing
January 24 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
In this course, participants will explore the power of the written word to gain insights into themselves, their assets, their challenges. The focus will be on exploring different forms of writing such as stories, poems, dramas, journals to uncover what forms will mesh well with writing as a tool for personal healing.
To be human is to have challenges such as illness, family/work conflicts, death, addictions, and behavioral issues. Writing is a proven tool for participants to explore these issues, strategize for strategies to address them and at times resolve them, or come to an acceptance of what they are powerless to change.
- Research on writing as a tool for healing
- Exploration of modes of writing
- Defining typical issues faced by many ion home and work environments
- Sharing that is positive
- Responding in helpful ways
- Developing skills of analysis
- Synthesizing processes
Dates: Thu’s Jan 24, 31, Feb 7, 7pm-10pm Eastern